Thursday, December 16, 2010

Marshmallow Snowmen - 40 in all!

This has definitely got to be my masterpiece! I created 40 marshmallow snowmen. The biggest challenge ever. The original recipe yielded 26 marshmallow men, but I had to double it to accomodate for my son's class, which he says is the largest in the entire school! Oh my!

Well, I did it!

3 long hours laboring in the kitchen -- from 9:30 pm till 12:30 at night. Again, the original recipe says it was suposed to be 45 min prep time, but me being a novice, I double that time into 1 1/2 hours... And since there were twice as much, you have to double that time into 3 hours! Whew!

I had to cut marshmallows in half, melt caramel, dip the marshmallows in there, melt chocolate, dip the marshmallow men in there, then dip into the coconut, toffee, sprinkles, and chocolate chips. Then lay them on their backs, add the noses, dot the faces and bellies with chocolate for the eyes and buttons. Also, backtrack a bit and add some marshmallow paste to stick the heads on if they fell off. Whew!

I'm just glad it's over. I only had enough for his 35 student class, 2 for the teachers, and 3 for myself, my son and my dad. They actually taste like a candy bar. =D

But hard work pays off. The teacher was really amazed with my handy work! =)

As for the recipe, I found it in a Christmas Cookie magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment